Paid Media Analyst (HBW)
The Paid Media Analyst plays an important role in the team that generates traffic to our consumer-facing websites. If you thrive at identifying patterns and trends by leveraging data analysis techniques and tools, then this is the role for you. The right candidate uncovers findings and translates them into actionable insights that improve the profitability of our campaigns and the quality of the customers we acquire for our advertisers. In this team, no two days are exactly alike. As the business beckons, your day can involve ad-hoc reporting, a/b/n test analysis, dashboard creation, a “deep-dive” into campaign performance, identifying yield optimization opportunities, and more. As such, this role regularly interfaces with broader groups, including tech, business intelligence, data science, and account management.
- Extreme facility with numbers.
- Capable of identifying patterns from large amounts of data. Sees the forest through the trees.
- Intuitively notices something unexpected in the data, pushes themselves to seek the answer of what could explain it.
- Comfort in solving problems. Can be given high level direction or goal (e.g., “Improve the monetization of this campaign”). Can break the problem down into what affects the outcome and can identify how to increase what is working well, while reducing what is not working well.
- Seeks opportunities to contribute, learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Articulate in explaining a problem, describing an approach for a solution and using data to confirm or disprove the approach.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at any one time with little direction.
- Relentless attention and focus on the detail.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of business experience in an analytical role
- High quantitative aptitude
- BS in quantitative major preferred. High GPA
- Entry-level candidates considered with relevant academic and internship background
- High facility with excel (comfortable with pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, manipulating data with text-to-columns, concatenations).
- Familiarity with SQL and data visualization tools (QuickSight, Tableau, Power BI, Kibana, or Google Data Studio)
- Understanding of marketing concepts, such as customer acquisition, profit.
Transparent.ly is a real-time pay per click bidding platform that allows advertisers to precisely bid to their target acquisition cost per new customer. The platform allows digital media owners to monetize their consumer traffic in insurance, mortgage and higher education by showing highly relevant ads to in-market consumers. Transparent.ly is the only platform that offers complete transparency to all parties in the transaction. Founded in 2018, Transparent.ly has been profitable since inception and is growing rapidly.
The role pays in the range of $80-100K and is based on qualifications and experience.