TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- ONLINE ADVERTISING AND TRACKING AND OPT-OUTS
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
- CONTACT US
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information about you in several different ways from several different sources. For example, we collect information directly from you when you visit one of our websites to obtain information about insurance, financial, educational or other products and services, click on links on our website to access a provider’s website, view emails or text messages, speak with us on the phone, or submit inquiries to us via contact us channels. We and service providers working on our behalf collect information from you automatically when you use or interact with one of our websites, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer, telephone or mobile device (“Sites”). We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as lead generation sites or other data providers, service providers, and marketing companies.
The following are the categories of personal information that we may have collected about you and examples of the information that fall into those categories:
|PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS AND OTHER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION||Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, or other similar identifiers, phone number, date of birth and age. We may approximate your location based on your IP address.|
|CHARACTERISTICS OF PROTECTED CLASS||Age range, marital status or sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression)|
|COMMERCIAL INFORMATION||Services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Accident and other driving history, credit information such as credit score range, dwelling value, and dwelling mortgage amount, as provided by you on our websites.|
|INTERNET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC NETWORK ACTIVITY INFORMATION||Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, device identifier or other device information, and location information.|
|MULTIMEDIA INFORMATION||Audio, electronic, or similar information.|
|EDUCATION INFORMATION||Highest level of education or degree program of interest.|
|INFERENCES||Inferences drawn from any personal information collected to create a profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.|
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including:
- To fulfil your request or provide our services and products to you. We use your personal information such as location, interests and other factors, to provide information about providers of insurance products, financial products, educational degree information and other services and to connect you with these providers at your request. We may also use your personal information to complete a transaction or respond to a customer service request or other inquiry.
- Marketing and advertising. We may use your information to serve you ads or customized content on the internet, send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may be of interest to you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or may send text messages via a mobile device. Push notification preferences are controlled in your device.
- Improve, develop and analyze our Sites, services and products. We use your personal information using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods to analyze, improve, develop or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features. We may also use your information to conduct research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers. We also use your information to analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience. We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information about the collection and use of this information, see Online Marketing and Tracking and Opt-Outs below.
- Communicate with you. We may communicate with you to provide you transaction confirmations or other service-related messages via mail, email, phone or other available methods such as push notifications.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
- Update, enhance or correct our records. We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that information with other information we have about you to update, enhance or correct our records.
ONLINE ADVERTISING AND TRACKING AND OPT-OUTS
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use and access of these Sites using a variety of tracking and storage technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). We or our service providers may use these tracking technologies to collect or receive information from our websites and elsewhere on the internet and use this information as described below. This information may also be combined or linked with personal information we collect directly or through other sources. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites,
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information, and
- Analytics information collected by us or via third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users.
Use of the information: We or our service providers may use the data collected through tracking technologies to improve, enhance, and personalize your customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites, and for other purposes such as:
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites,
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and targeted advertising,
- Identify and contact you across multiple devices,
- Combine your information with information we receive about you from third parties to assist in fulfilling your requests for products and services,
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness and other attributes of our Sites,
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites,
- Diagnose or fix technology problems,
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
Our service providers include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and LiveRamp. To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here. To learn more about Facebook’s privacy practices, click here. To learn more about Microsoft’s privacy practices, click here. To learn more about LiveRamp’s privacy practices, click here.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change your browser settings to disable existing cookies, automatically request cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services.
Opting out of online personalized advertising and do not track. We work with third parties to display advertising on our website. We or our advertising service providers, including Facebook, may use information about your activities on our Sites, to help tailor our advertisements or offers to what may be of interest to you – also called interest-based advertising. The information is gathered using the tracking technologies explained above. To limit interest-based advertising, please visit www.optout.aboutads.info. Please note that you may continue to see generic or non-targeted ads about our products and services if you opt-out of interest-based advertising.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser at this time.
Email Marketing Opt-out: If you opt out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices. To opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional emails, please click here.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES
California residents have certain rights to access and delete their personal information described in this section, as well as other rights described below.
Verified Requests: To better protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide certain information, which we will only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
Submitting a Request: To submit an access or deletion request, please click here to submit an online request or call us at 1-866-266-9877. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period. Requests from authorized agents must be submitted via the same online portal or toll-free number but to protect your privacy, consumers will be required to verify their identity directly with us via our online portal or toll-free number.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the categories of personal information collected about consumers,
- the specific pieces of personal information we have about you,
- the categories of sources from where personal information was collected,
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete the personal information we collected, with certain exceptions. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed for the following:
- To complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality,
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
- Comply with a legal obligation, including compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, or
- Otherwise use your persona information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination Rights: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
Our website is not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
If you should have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us here.